If I take any longer to get this blog posted Luke will be in high school. Sorry it has taken so long to post. I am a bit behind. I am learning how to post videos (thank you Helen R.) and trying to get my pictures just right. Enjoy! Still a work in progress.
Time for school!
 |
| 3.8 years old-Luke~Olivia 4 months |
April 2011 Luke started his first day of school....Tiny Tots (Preschool). This was the first day I was to leave my baby (3 years old) with anyone but my mom (Grandma Lupe). Luke was ready for school but I don't think I was.
I thought for sure Luke was going to cry on his first day of school. I
stuck around the park/school just in case he needed me. I dropped Luke
off at Pico Park Tiny tots and even though he was a little bit hesitant
to stay he kissed me and ran off to play. I was thrilled that he
was not crying and clinging on to me but a little saddened that he was
alright with me leaving...LOL.
 |
| Luke's first day of Tiny Tots-April 2011 |
 |
Luke's spring picture 2011 (3.8 years old)
|
|
|
|
|
|
 |
| Luke and Sophia EOY Tiny tot picnic-2011 |
 |
| Luke-graduated from 3 yr old class to 4 yr old class |
 |
| Teacher Lauren (3 year old class) |
 |
| Luke celebrating his 4th bday with his class |
 |
| puzzle time |
 |
| Teacher Lauren and Luke-Halloween 2011 (4 year old class) |
Luke then moved from the Tues/Thursday (3 yr. old class) to Mon/Wed/Fri. class (4 yr old class). Again, I was afraid he was too tiny to be moved to the older class but he did great and was ready to be moved up.
Luke loves holidays and Halloween was his favorite. He also celebrated his 4th birthday with his class. With a summer birthday there may not be many bday celebrations at school.
 |
| Luke's 4th bday party at school |
 |
| Little Skeleton at preschool |

Luke grew academically and socially (and height wise!) in the 1 1/2 years he was in school. I loved how we would be in the car and Luke would start singing a song he learned at school. He learned how to write his name which he has mastered (we are working on the last name, it is long). He can count to 40 (but he has something against the number 15 because he always skips it), he knows all his colors and shapes and is an amazing drawer/artist (he is going to be like his Auntie Victoria). He has always loved flags and has shared that love with his friends at school. His favorite flags are the U.S.A. and California. He can recognize the Mexico flag, Japanese flag, Iowa flag and Michigan flag (thank you Krista D.) and since I took forever to get this posted he has learned the Denmark flag and the Philippine flag. We continue to learn about other country and state flags. With the Olympics it really has been a teaching moment not just for Luke but for me too. Olivia has even gotten into flags and singing the National Anthem when she sees the U.S.A. flag. Well, her National Anthem is part Anthem and Happy Birthday song.

Here is how much LOVE Luke has for the American flag. This is a picture of his room. When moving into our new house Luke insisted I find him flag sheets. Thank you Grandma Laura for finding the perfect flag sheets.
 |
| Luke's flag bedroom-2011 |
I feel like Luke just started preschool and now it is time to find him a Kindergarten! I'll leave that story for another post.
Luke's Graduation Day-Pico Rivera Tiny Tots!

Look at how handsome my baby boy is in his little suit!
He had some wonderful teachers. He had assistant Teachers named Teacher Letty, Teacher Jocelyn and Teacher Jerry. His wonderful Head teacher was Teacher Lauren but she got another teaching position and was replaced by another wonderful teacher, Teacher Ana. Teacher Lauren made sure she was at Graduation to see her babies graduate! She was such a sweet heart. She had a lot of patience with Luke and I could tell how much she liked Luke.
 |
| Graduation Day! 2012 |
 |
| Teacher Lauren |
 |
| Teacher Ana |
 |
| Teacher Jocelyn |
 |
| Teacher Letty and Luke-2012 |
 |
| Teacher Jerry |
 |
| Olivia waiting to see Lukie graduate |
 |
| Grandma Lupe and Nina Teen (Lisa) |
 |
| I love this picture! Olivia stood next to Luke and gave us a look of "hurry up and take the picture!" |
Luke is an official Kindergartener so we celebrated at Bob's Big Boy! So proud of my baby boy! This is just the beginning of wonderful accomplishments.
 |
| A very sweet young man who just graduated from high school took a picture with Luke. |
 |
| Celebrated at Bob's Big Boy in Downey |
Wow - isn't it weird to see how little he was when he started and how big he is now?! Oh and Drew used to skip 15 also!! Must be a "hotel brother" thing. :)
ReplyDelete